Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Happy Quotes about Life

My Happiness is not the means to my end. It is the end.
-Ayn Rand

Most people ask for happiness on condition. Happiness can only be felt if you don't set any condition.
-Arthur Rubinstein

There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness.
-Countess of Blessington

So much sadness exists in the world that we are all under obligation to contribute as much joy as lies within our powers.
-John Sutherland Bonnell

Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.
-Aristotle

The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature.
-Marcus Aurelius

How to gain, how to keep, how to recover happiness is in fact for most men at all times the secret motive of all they do, and of all they are willing to endure.
-William James

We always have enough to be happy if we are enjoying what we do have--and not worrying about what we don't have.
-Ken Keyes, Jr.

People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.
-Abraham Lincoln

Life is made up of small pleasures. Happiness is made up of those tiny successes. The big ones come too infrequently. And if you don't collect all these tiny successes, the big ones don't really mean anything.
-Norman Lear

The purpose of life is the expansion of happiness.
-Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.
-Dave Gardner

The happiest people seem to be those who have no particular reason for being so except that they are so.
-William Ralph Inge

It is neither wealth nor splendor, but tranquillity and occupation, which give happiness.
-Thomas Jefferson

Being happy is something you have to learn. I often surprise myself by saying "Wow, this is it. I guess I'm happy. I got a home I love. A career that I love. I am even feeling more and more at peace with myself." If there's something else to happiness, let me know. I'm ambitious for that, too.
-Harrison Ford

There are two ways of being happy: We must either diminish our wants or augment our means -- either may do -- the result is the same and it is for each man to decide for himself and to do that which happens to be easier.
-Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment